To the last mile - Last Mile Management in the wholesale, healthcare and industrial sector
The implementation of a Last Mile Management helps you to optimize restock processes and facilitates the logistics management and supply chain of your company. Last Mile Management describes the planning and control of the "last mile" of internal logistics, i.e. from central storage locations to assembly workplaces or other processing locations. Last Mile Management is not only used in industry, but has also gained importance in areas such as healthcare and wholesale. Increasing efficiency in this area of logistics management is a challenge for many companies, as several processes are included: warehouse management, supply chain and the route management of the drivers. A suitable technology and logistics management software offers the possibility of automated procurement analysis and its optimization.
The e-shelf-labels solution detects when specific inventory items in the warehouse are about to be used up, triggering an automatic restock process that places a direct reorder with the manufacturer. The principle of Last Mile Management using smart scale systems (SmartBin) and intelligent labels (SmartLabels) managing resources easy with intuitive and digital instructions.
The advantages of this cost-effective solution for logistics management are obvious: supply chain optimization through automated reorders, time savings in logistics, flexibility in the event of changes thanks to adaptable software, full transparency and high reliability. Since Last Mile Management is completely paperless, important resources and the environment are also conserved.
In everyday use, constantly updated insight into individual inventory statuses means that an optimized inventory list and an updated tour plan are always available. Last Mile Management offers a shortened changeover time and real-time data adaptation to smart devices, which makes the process particularly user-friendly. As a result, stock levels can be viewed at any time and there is no risk of an item being out of stock. Last Mile Management, in conjunction with the ARIMS Mobile App can move, remove and add items. This results in a real-time updated location map of the items in the supply chain and improved inventory management.
- Electronic demand request
- Mobile app - paperless
- Integration of all articles
- Assembly workstations freely configurable
- Tour definition - freely configurable
- Simple Industry 4.0 tool
The benefits of Last Mile Management at a glance:
- Material flow optimization - Never wait for reorders again and avoid overstocks or out-of-stocks.
- Reduction of activities - The supporting system optimizes processes and saves time.
- Flexibility for changeovers - Running out of an item and needing less, or wanting to restock and needing more items from an order? No problem - the software is flexibly adaptable.
- Full transparency - Stocks are completely visible at all times.
- High reliability - The reorder processing is very reliable and never leaves you without stock.
- Paperless - Protect the environment with completely paperless processing.
- Extensive integration of all items possible - The platform integrates any type of product and is applicable to many different areas.
Last Mile Management is supported in its implementation by various software elements.
The Digital Cockpit as a computer application contains various elements that provide a simple overview of the inventory for restock management. These include, for example, an activity graph that summarizes activity over a period of time. A search bar for an easy search of specific items, as well as a location overview that identifies the different locations within the warehouse. The smart computer program provides information on the status and date of the next delivery and offers a comprehensive article overview. Reports, key figures as well as contact data can also be easily viewed via the platform for optimizing supply chain management and logistic processes.
ARIMS Mobile - Always in your pocket
The ARIMS Mobile Smartphone App for iOS and Android offers a number of advantages for your logistics and supply chain management, including inventory transparency, graphic analyzes & performance measurement reports.
- item finder: text, 2D barcode reader, text recognition, NFC reader
- item details: information about storage location, filling rate and orders.
- shelf visualization: visualization of fill rate and orders.
ARIMS Mobile provides global inventory visibility, graphical analysis & reporting, and real-time data that is updated 24/7 to show changes instantly. The intuitive and simple platform, enables Big Data to be analyzed in a meaningful and user-friendly way. Among other things, this leads to improved predictability of backlogs through full transparency. The available functions generally increase internal efficiency through direct availability of data at the point of consumption.
Are you interested in using Last Mile Management and would like to receive detailed advice? Please feel free to contact us!